The Buckhorn Inn was Originally built & operated by Barney (Bernard) and Gladys Barager in the mid 1920's, and was on the back street in town. At some point in the late 20's early 30's Barney moved the Building to front street, for better business exposure, where it resides to this day. Barney owned the bar until 19??, when he sold it to his Daughter and her husband, Luke & Marie Jankowski. Luke & Marie then sold the Buckhorn to Marie's Brother, Paul Barager in 1966. Paul & Pat Barager owned the bar until 1973, when they sold it to Yogi (Bryce) Mowry and his wife Lynn. This was the first time the bar had not been in the Barager family since it's inception.
BAck in the Saddle
The Buckhorn changed hands several times after Yogi sold. It ended up closed for close to a year, due to a fire. The Bar & Kitchen had an extreme make over. The Buckhorn was purchased by another Barager, Paula Ellis. They now offer a variety of fresh menu items, and craft beers.